Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Silly girls and boys.

I've noticed certain groups of people that usually hang out together and those who generally just wander the playground alone. I understand this is normal even for adults. It still fascinates me though.

One of the silliest group of girls play like they're animals in a animal shelter. They are mostly puppies and kitties. There is a girl or two who play the care givers and are constantly chasing the "naughty puppies and kitties" back into their shelter. They REALLY get into it. Jump ropes are sometimes used as leashes to take the pets on walks (I make sure the rope is tied on to their bellies and NOT their necks!). Lately, however, they have moved on to mommies and babies. Half the girls are the mommies and the other half are the babies. Again, the mommies are usually chasing the "naughty babies" around the playground.

What are they trying to say or prove? What is the psychological meaning behind this behavior? Ah, who cares, I'm just glad they are having fun and not bugging me with dumb questions like my next group.

So, there are three fifth-grade boys who like to ask me silly questions and give me hugs. Not because they really like me (maybe they do), but because they, well, they're fifth-graders. They like to annoy any adult that will look at them. (Truth be told, they are good kids and I really do like them.) It's become more of a game and I've started calling them "Tweedle Dee," "Tweedle Dum," and "Tweedle Doh." They love it! They'll stand on top of the jungle gym and say "Hi duty! Hi! Hi!..." until I acknowledge them-or walk away.

Today, they convinced a poor girl to join in their merriment. The four of them had eye masks like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The girl even had a turtle shell backpack. Oh boy...so they went back and forth from me to the other duty asking for missions to accomplish. And, yes, then they'd give us a hug. Well, ya gotta love their imagination and camaraderie!

No comments:

Post a Comment