Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another sunny day.

Well, today was another beautiful, sunny, but chilly day. The high was @44 degrees and most of the kids had their coats off again. The sun was warm but when the wind blows, it's cold! "Sigh." These kids are building up some great resistence to the cold!
Today was a pretty good day. Nothing too major to report, so I would like to write about a few of my favorite characters.
There are several kids who take dance lessons. One of them is a boy in the fifth grade. He's a really cute kid. He definitely has a "dancer" flare about him. He's skinny, wears a jacket with a dance company logo and he's always doing some sort of cool dance move. I often see him and a girl or two practicing some choreography. I love watching them. They are really quite good. I asked him one day if he was in a dance company and he said "sometimes". I assume it's because he's still too young to be a professional dancer. (But not for long!)
Another favorite is "Carrie." She's quiet but athletic. I often see her hitting a tennis ball against the wall by herself. (Then she loses the ball in a big bush and I help her find it.) Lately, she's been playing basketball with some boys - and showing them a thing or two! She's very sweet and we chat every once in a while. She quite mature when she speaks. Her folks are divorced and she has a younger sister. I think she had to grow up quickly due to her situation. It's a sad, but common occurence.
Mary and Annie were at odds during lunch. Annie came up to me and said Mary shoved someone out of the way at the lunch table. I asked Mary about this and she said she was there first. I asked a few of the other girls if this was true and if she shoved anyone. They all said she was there first but she didn't shove anyone. Hmmmmm...ok, did Annie just imagine this or did she just want to get Mary in trouble?? I think the later! I confronted her about this and she just clammed up and ate her lunch. Ok, that was easy...
I think the kids and I are getting used to each other now (most days).

No comments:

Post a Comment