Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's always noisiest before the storm!

Wow, was today noisy! The kids were screaming, running like wild animals, pushing each other, hitting, and even one girl bit the arm of another girl pretty hard (she was a wild kitty!).

I've noticed a pattern. Every time a big storm is about to roll in, this strange phenomenon takes place. Something in the atmosphere changes and, I believe, this makes the air thinner. When the air gets thinner, the brain doesn't get enough oxygen. When the brain doesn't get enough oxygen, the mind goes goofy. When the mind goes goofy, recess gets loud!

It was rather chilly today (around 40 degrees F). I was cold. But I was amazed at how many of the kids went outside without a coat! (Including one of my own boys!) And there where about five kids wearing SHORTS!!! What are their parents thinking?! Do they invest in pharmaceutical companies and want to secure their investments by propagating the need for cold/flu meds??? Now, kids run around and I know they build up lots of heat doing this, but come on! When I touch their arms, they are cold!! You wonder why kids catch diseases at school? Their resistance is down because their body is trying to keep them warm during recess and not fighting off germs! Their poor white blood cells are working overtime!

Teachers and recess duties try their best to get your kids to remember their coats during recess, but it's like telling the Tasmanian Devil to slow down! Which brings me to the reminder of checking the "lost and found" at your school for items your child might have forgotten. And trust me, there are probably things in there you didn't even know they brought to school! Westland's "lost and found" is looking more like a thrift store everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment